Monday, July 16, 2012

Tactile Resonance

It’s a matter of texture, at my fingers, on my tongue
Slipping down my throat deliciously, eyes rolling back in my head
Acid, sweet, straight up, neat
Crystalline pieces melt in a pool of viscous saliva

It’s a matter of texture, at my hands, on my eyes
Creamy flesh of the inner thigh, smooth, I linger in anticipation
Fruitful, strong, softly, long
The kiss slightly wet, makes a mess of my little mind

It’s a matter of texture, at my soles, on my skin
Digging toes sharing molecular harmony with the essence of organic life
Sharp, growing, warmth, flowing
Icy cold water rinses the tension from between my toes

It’s a matter of texture, at my thoughts, on my mind
Information slides like plate tectonics, engaging ideas
Shifting, grinding, rolling, binding
My thoughts resonate at the frequency of the expanding universe

© 2010 Crowley


12 comments:

  1. Wow, I can really feel this one! Sensuous to be sure! That third stanza reminds me of skinny-dipping back in the day ;) Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Mama Zen said. *peers in your ear to see what's going on in your head* Wild!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word ... and I savored every one. Delicious indeed.

    I love textures and sensations, particularly while limiting the capabilities of the eyes.

    These are my favorites:

    "Acid, sweet, straight up, neat
    Crystalline pieces melt in a pool of viscous saliva"

    "The kiss slightly wet, makes a mess of my little mind"

    "Information slides like plate tectonics"

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. I love Blue October. Thanks for reminding me about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Apt title and way cool writing......I especially love the last stanza......

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is like opening all the senses to the vibrations of the universe! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like how you captured all the sense of touch in all the verses...this poem tingles all the way to my toes ~

    Happy day Corey ~

    ReplyDelete
  8. What did you say? Sorry, my mind stopped at thigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "It’s a matter of texture, at my thoughts, on my mind
    Information slides like plate tectonics"

    As does the sensual sexuality of this poem's progress and its diction.

    ReplyDelete